A PunchOut catalog is an online B2B eCommerce site that a buyer can access from their own procurement system. PunchOut catalogs connect eProcurement solutions to eCommerce systems, enabling B2B companies to streamline the shopping process by automating authentication and cart order transfer between buyer and supplier systems.
The process for TradeCentric’s PunchOut Catalog solution is as follows:
- Buyer accesses the eProcurement system and searches or selects an approved supplier’s logo.
- Buyer is routed into the supplier’s eCommerce system to view the correct product offerings, prices and inventory levels.
- Buyer adds the items to their cart.
- When they have finished shopping, instead of checking out, the buyer transfers their cart data from the supplier’s eCommerce system into their eProcurement system.
- The eProcurement system creates a purchase requisition with the transferred cart data.
- The purchase requisition is routed internally for approvals according to the buyer’s procurement policies and approval workflows.